Re: port translation and POSTROUTING question

Le mardi 17 janvier 2006 à 10:11 +0100, Gaël Lams a écrit :
> What is not clear to me, even after reading man pages, netfilter.org
> documentation, and various tutorials, is what rule to write to have
> the packets (the ones sent back to who made the request) moved from
> port 8080 to port 80.

No rule.

Once a connection has been registred as NATed by conntrack, any packet
belonging to this connection will be handle automaticly by conntrack/nat
subsystem. That's why you only see connections first packet in nat
table.

You need a rule in POSTROUTING only if your proxy is to establish
connections to otheres hosts.

--
http://sid.rstack.org/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE