Re: block + kill connections

bright true wrote:
Hello ,

How to block plus kill all currently opened connections from specific ip address

on all ports .

i tryed using :

iptables -I INPUT -s 1.2.3.4 -j DROP

but seems to be it doesn't kill the active connections , it works only for new

incoming connections

That will prevent communication by blocking any further incoming
packets, but won't do anything to tear down the connection.  See
if something like this works better:

iptables -I INPUT -s 1.2.3.4 -p tcp --tcp-flags ! FIN,RST NONE -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.