VPN rules

Hi

I´m trying to configure a subnet into my network to access a VPN
outside here. The vpn uses port 500, just the forward rules doesn´t
seem to work, my rule was this

iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -p tcp -s xx.xx.xx.xx/24 --dport 500 -j
ACCEPT (after a established, related rule)

and

iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -s xx.xx.xx.xx/24 -p tcp --dport 500 -j
ACCEPT (also, after a established, related rule)

I think its enough, and sometimes the stations could connect very
well, but now, the vpn client start the connection and after the user
and password requisition he starts to try a reconnection.

I read something about protocol 47 (option -p 47) I need to use it?
Need some special patch in iptables or what?

Thanks a lot

--
Eduardo Ukstin
GNU/Linux User #328388