RE: DROP TCP output to HTTP attackers?

[...]
[...]
> My only comment would be that for proxy users (AOL, for instance) you
> may end up dropping legitimate traffic. The risk/reward of that is
> something you'll have to determine for yourself.
>
> Derick Anderson

I must admit that I have little knowledge of these proxies.  I infer from
what you say that different users might present the same peer ip address.
Is this true?  If so, perhaps I should set a time limit on the block.

With regard to blocking output in response to attacks, thereby blocking
TCP FIN, are there any opinoins on this?

Thanks for your help.
Mike.

--
Michael D. Berger