RE: Help with a firewall script

The first rule changes the source address so the packet can traverse the
internet. The second rule is allowing the outbound packet but you will
need a rule to allow the reply packets such as:

iptables -I FORWARD 1 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

You can find an excellent tutorial at
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net
There are also some slightly dated training slide shows in the training
section of the ISCS network security management project web site at
http://iscs.sourceforge.net

Hope it helps - John

--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

Financially sustainable open source development
http://www.opensourcedevel.com