DROP TCP output to HTTP attackers?

Using -j QUEUE, I DROP http packets that I don't like,
and I DROP all subsequent packets from the offending
ipAddress.  Using ethereal, I note that when I DROP,
I send tcp FIN packets.  Therefore, I added -j QUEUE
to the OUTPUT filter, and I block all OUTPUT to the
offending ipAddress, including the tcp FIN packets,
as confirmed with ethereal.  I just deployed this in
the last 30 minutes.  My preliminary observation, thanks
to an obliging attacker, is that I get less follow-up
junk with the OUTPUT filter blocked, although there
did appear to be a few anomalies, that I assume are to
to timing issues.

Any opinions on this procedure?

Thanks,
Mike.