Re: IP issue

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 12:58:59PM -0800, Thamara Wanigatunga wrote:
> Dear Gurus,
>
> I need to have 4 web servers behind a iptables packet
> filter, could i achive this through alised ips. Or
> what could you recomend. Please help ..

I normally do that with proxy arp. I think I read about it on LARTC Howto
some years ago. It works just fine. I don't know if it's the best way.

So no need to use alias, just two interfaces w/ same IP, a little bit of
routing info and just iptables to forward what you need/like.

sandro
*:-)

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)