Re: IPset_iptree with timeouts on Fedora Core 4

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Radek Hladik wrote:

> I tried:
> ipset -N testip iptree
> ipset -A testip 1.2.3.4%30
> The second command produced this error in system log:
>
> Oct 27 02:42:58 radek kernel: Debug: sleeping function called from
> invalid context at mm/slab.c:2126

Sigh. It seems I was capable to commit all possible stupid mistakes in
iptree. Your fix is correct, expect a new release tomorrow.

> But iptree still had not members removed after specified timeout. I have
> "discovered" (after reading the source code)  that the iptree set need
> to have set the default timeout value (with --timeout option). Is this
> true or am I doing something wrong?

That is a feature. Originally iptree did not support the timeout of the
entries. In order to keep backward compatibility, the default (i.e no
timeout) is preserved.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-