fwmark & route pb

  I already sent this mail to LARTC mailing list w/ no luck so I hope to find
  more hints in this list...

  I use '-t mangle ... -j MARK' to mark packets that a rule 'ip rule
  fvwmark' will route to a specific table. This is primarily to test if a
  connection is available without messing with everybody's routing
  table. (Actually I have and 'adsl' teble and an 'isdn' table)

  What happens is that packets go to a test host in the internet, come back,
  are visible to tcpdump... but not to ping!

  I *think* it's a routing problem since ig I use the 'isdn' table as default
  ping works normally.

  I can't immagine what happens to the packet between being seen by tcpdump
  and arriving at ping...

  I described my setup a litte more deeply here:
  http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2005q4/017168.html

  TIA
  sandro
  *:-)