Reaching administration ip of ADSL modem from router and internal network

Hi everybody...

I am trying to reach the administration ip of my ADSL modem from the following router and from the internal network. I am not sure that this is possible at all, and am at a loss as to what to do in iptables to make it possible. Searching the archive did not give a clue.

The setup is as follows:
ISP(with dyn ip) <-> ADSL Modem(in bridge mode) <-> Asus router(with firewall) <-> Internal network

The service port of the modem is set up as 10.xxx.61.1
The internal network is 10.xxx.60.0/24
The router interface towards modem is vlan1, towards internal network is br0

I have experimented with setting a route like:
route -v add -host 10.xxx.61.1 gw 10.xxx.60.1 dev vlan1
but this does not work/does not seem to be enough.

Could you please help me with what I need to set up to reach the modem from the internal network and/or from the router?

Everything else is working perfectly OK.

Thanks in advance.

Peter