RE: iptables rules

> There seems to be an inconsistence between man pages Jörg
> Harmuth has installed and of some other people (the original poster
> and myself at least).
>
> man iptables:
>
> mport
>  --ports port[,port[,port...]]
> 	Match if the both the source and destination ports are
> 	equal to each other and to one  of  the  given
> 	ports.
>
> multiport
> 	used in conjunction with -p tcp or -p udp.
> 	rts port[,port[,port...]]
> 	Match if the both the source and destination ports
> 	are equal to each other and to one  of  the  given 	ports.
>
> Mar 09, 2002 IPTABLES(8)
>
> BTW, what is the diffence between mport and multiport modules?

Mport is obsoleted according to :
http://www.netfilter.org/projects/patch-o-matic/pom-obsolete.html

Searching the Netfilter site I read that mport was to be combined with
multiport :
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/conferences/nf-workshop-2004-summ
ary.html (mport TODO: combine with multiport). So, I think this work has
been done.

Gr,
Rob