pppoe with NAT not working

Hi,
I got a real big headache.

My DSL provider a few ago upgraded my line and for this changed the BAS my
box used to connect with.

I had to reconfigure the ppp configuration.
Before, I was using :
pty "/usr/sbin/pppoe -I eth0 -T 80 -m 1452"
It ceased working.

The new configuration is using the rp-pppoe.so plugin as :
plugin /usr/lib/pppd/2.4.3/rp-pppoe.so

Since this modification, I'm not able to do any NAT or MASQUERADE with my
gateway.
My network architecture is :

Private lan (192.168.x.x) => GW (public fixed address) => DSl Modem =>
Internet

When any machine on the private LAN try make a connection to an outside
address, the connection made is ok.

The three-way handshake is OK with the packets correctly NATED.

When the outside peer tries to send data to the internal peer, the Gateway
sends a reset back to it without breaking the connection inside of course.

It looks like the netfilters didn't accept the incoming packets with
payload as part of the nated connection.

I had a look to the ip_conntrak connection and the faulty connection is
correctly tracked, with an entry.

I don't really understand what is happenning.

The configuration is nothing special and could resumed as :
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j SNAT --to-source <public address>

This was working before and I didn't touch anything to the configuration
but the public address that changed when I moved to a speedier DSL line.

If anyone could propose an explaination ...

  Seb