Re: match n packets every m

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Roberto Ferrari wrote:

Hi all,
I'm trying to find a way to match _n_ ip packets every _m_
I've tryied with the nth extension, but I've not been able to obtain
this thing.
I've seen that I could insert a rule with "--packet x" for m times, if
I've specifyied "--every m", but I'd like to follow some other way, more
flexible.
Could someone kindly let me know if there is a smart way to do it?
Thank you a lot,

The simplest and most sane would probably be to extend nth with what you want.

If not you will need the nth match repeated many times (n times) like you describe, with different --packet but same "--every m --counter X", finally followed by a "-m nth --every m --counter X" to match all the other..

Regards
Henrik