                   Firewall

                  VPN router

                      |  (1500kb/s)

              /--------------\
              |              |
              |   Internet   |
              |              |
              \--------------/
 LAN B      /                  \       LAN C
          / (512kb/s)            \  (512kb/s)
        /                          \
    VPN router                   VPN router
     /                                \
   /                                    \
Firewall                              Firewall

1. LAN B and LAN C are browsing the internet using a proxy with content-filtering in LAN A
2. LAN B and LAN C connect to a Win2k server using RDP in LAN A

The traffic shaping in LAN A to the internet works perfectly. Downloading something and using RDP or telnet to internet works perfectly.

My question is, Can I start shaping traffic with HTB for LAN B and LAN C using the firewall on LAN A. Since everything going to internet passes the firewall on LAN A.

Right now it doesn't work right because I set the ceiling value to 1500 which only applies to LAN A's internet connection.

I hope someone understands me and can help me :P

StarQuake

--
for some how-to's and rpms visit my site    : http://solid.bounceme.net
for commercially supported solutions visit  : http://www.robas.com