RE: Netfilter and Poptop ( and stuff ... )

Hi,

thank you for any suggestions on my topic. Now Ive realized what is
FW-Builder actually doing and I would like to hear your opinion.

When I create interfaces in FW-Builder, the created script ( iptables script
generated by fw-builder ) gets the IP address of the used interfaces by
using

ip -4 addr show dev "interface"

which results as "no such interface" for a non-existing ppp tunnel end
point! To use NAT for all packet from my ppp interfaces, fw-builder
generates following

-A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -s $i_ppp -j SNAT --to-source my_ext_ip

This rule apparently works only with IP addresses after the "-s" option,
right? Ive tried to use this rule for all my ppp interfaces by using

-A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -s ppp+ -j SNAT.... but is says that ppp+ is unknown,
so I suppose iptables require an ip/host entry here... can anyone tell me
how to get all my PPP interfaces masqueraded on interface eth0?

Regards,

Edvin Seferovic