pom - applying ROUTE patch

I'm trying to use the latest pom runme script to install only the ROUTE extra package, however I'm having difficulties. When I choose 'y' to the ROUTE package I receive this error:

Do you want to apply this patch [N/y/t/f/a/r/b/w/q/?] y
newfile: 4 files in our way, unable to apply

I read in an earlier post on the netlist-failover list that this may indicate that ROUTE is already installed -- however two things:

1) The runme script displays:

Testing ROUTE... not applied

2) When attempting this command I receive the following error:

#  iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -p icmp -j ROUTE --oif eth1
iptables v1.3.0: Unknown arg `--oif'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

AND

#  iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -p icmp -j ROUTE
iptables v1.3.0: Couldn't load target `ROUTE':/lib/iptables/libipt_ROUTE.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

---

This seems to indicate that the ROUTE package is not installed.

Please advise,

~Mark Oden