Re: How would this help my LAN / network

Unless one has contracted with a private network, one is not likely to
find QoS/CoS.  However, your bottleneck is likely to be the last mile.
Although the ISP router may not be regulating the QoS on the last mile,
you can control the ingress and egress through your gateway . . . well,
at least the egress and the processing of the ingress - John

--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source
enterprise class network security management system, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net