Re: How would this help my LAN / network

Hi Rob,

Rob Sterenborg wrote:
>>>I just came across one of the threads on the LARTC.
>>>In the thread it had this.
>>>
>>>So my question is, for the following rules, would these increase my
>>>browsing / traffic, and if so, how.
>>>

>>Small packets and control pachets should have priority
>>because they carry intrractive traffic.
>

> Is it true that the upstream (ISP) routers have to support TOS for this
> to work ?
Yes, that is true. But the linux default qdisc (queuing discipline) for
network interfaces is  pfifo_fast, which priorize interractive traffic.
I assume that they use linux on their routers. I am curious if this is a
correct assumption and in what percentage.