SV: Masquerade and dhcp lease renewal - what happens?

Yes, tcpdump does survive and any longlived connections initiated by the
firewall itself (e.g. a large download) survives too, while the same
download attempted from any client on the LAN dies.

The DHCP client I'm using is the one from isc.org (but I suspect Gentoo
modifies its default behaviour).

> > What is supposed to happen to the masquerade nat entries
> when a dhcp
> > renewal happens, particularly one that doesn't actually
> change the IP
> > address to a new one?
>
> In 2.6.13 the connections is cleared from conntrack if the IP
> address is deleted or if the interface is brought down.

I just upgraded the kernel to 2.6.12.5 but that didn't change anything.