Masquerade and dhcp lease renewal - what happens?

Hello :)

I have a problem with a Gentoo box that I'm using as firewall at home
(vanilla kernel 2.6.11.11, iptables 1.3.2, dhclient 3.0.1).

I have an ADSL connection with DHCP assigned dynamic IP address, so I
use "-j masquerade $WAN_IF" to NAT all traffic destined for the
Internet.

My ISP (Telia, Sweden) uses a DHCP lease time of 10 minutes leading to
constant renewal of the lease.

If I use "-j masquerade" instead of "-j snat" I cannot have any
longlived connections (they all die with "new not syn" or "invalid").

With "-j snat" there isn't any problems (except that this is a little
hard to use with a dynamic IP...).

What is supposed to happen to the masquerade nat entries when a dhcp
renewal happens, particularly one that doesn't actually change the IP
address to a new one?

Thanks,
Henning