Re: rules monitor?

On Wednesday 2005-September-28 18:46, Guido Lorenzutti wrote:
> Hi people. Does anyone knows any tool to monitor the iptables rules
> to check if they are what they should and apply them if not? I
> mean... check if every single rule is running and warn or apply them
> if they are removed?

Hmmm ... why would the rules have changed? Only root can manipulate
iptables rules.

If you mean that an interface changes IP or goes down, I suggest
scripting something that takes place in that event, such as a pppd
ip-up or ip-down script or the DHCP client equivalents.

If you're talking about a remote IP changing or something similar, no,
you will have to write your own script, perhaps run it as a cron job.
IAC you should be more specific about the problem you are trying to
solve.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header