RE: Newb here, I need help opening port 1723 and setting a public IP address to aprivate IP

Daniel,

You should also take a look at pptp-client.sourceforge.net.  It has a
lot of information regarding the PPTP subject.  I have had to implement
several PPTP servers and clients in Linux.  I have found that it's no
fun when you run into the issue of NAT'd clients behind a Linux
firewall.  You have to do small things like recompile the kernel, etc.

Gary Smith