Re: Iptables for webmail access

Alejandro Cabrera Obed wrote:
Hi people,

I have a Linux machine with a webmail server  (smtp+imap+http), and I have a
iptables script in order to protect the host.

By default I deny all the traffic. Then, I enable all new connections
(--syn) from every hosts (-s 0/0) to ports 25, 80 and 143.

But whern a try to log in via web, I can enter the webmail interface and I
get a message teling "IMAP timeout".

The connection from the webmail to the imap server is from eth0 to eth0, I
suposse Im forgetting something like this.....

Can you help me with a iptables rule in order to connect to my imap server
from the webmail interface, both in a unique machine ???

No, not enough information :( Please post your rule set, either the output of iptables -nvxL or iptables-save.