Re: redirect port 80 to 8080 for single PC

Hi,

On 9/24/05, LinuxMurah.com <linux_murah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> now how to redirect this port 80 request from local
> user to SQUID proxy server with port 8080.
>
> I've try transparant proxy:
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp -dport 80
> -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080
>
> but still failure, I mean all user still can access
> internet without proxy.

Well, if the rule should work for local users, then
you should use "-A OUTPUT" instead of "-A PREROUTING".
Also, the input interface will not work with "-A OUTPUT",
so if you want to specify an interface, add the outgoing
interface with "-o eth0". That should do the trick.

Regards,
Filip