Re: DMZ howto

Well, IMHO you don't need to specify your public IP on the rule.

erase the --d 22.22.22.22 for matching, because all your internet packets
coming here will have that rule. Just try with this:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 8080 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.2

So, from now on...whatever goes to 8080, it'll forward to your web server.
(of course, you need another -A FORWARD rule, allowing forwarding!)

on the other hand,
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.1.2 -o eth0  -j MASQUERADE

no matter your current public IP, it'll always mask to 22.22.22.22, and
when your ISP assigns 33.33.33.33, it'll rewrite the source to
33.33.33.33, and so on ;)

regards & Good Luck

PS: my mails aren't going to the list???

Jose R. "Xous" Negreira.
PortalJAVA.com.ar - http://www.portalJAVA.com.ar <--  ** new!!! ** :P
XousLAB - http://www.xouslab.com
iptableslinux - http://www.iptableslinux.com