about device polling and kernel configurations

Hi, all

sorry to post here, i don't know other maillist
for discussing deeply in linux. two questions here.

firstly,

How to check the values of kernel configurations.
when we compile a kernel, we must set the values.
and now, when the system is running, i want to know
them again.

how? maybe a command is ok or a file can be read.

secondly,

from somewhere, i know the device polling is been
enabled in kernel of version 2.6, and a api named
NAPI is supported for using this feature.

is it true? maybe it is nothing at all or something
else. i don't know but want to learn. would you like
to give me some directions.

Jinyi

 姓名:      王金一
 电话:      (+86)10-58812325
 单位:      中国科学院计算机网络信息中心 R&D
 地址:      北京中关村南四街四号
 邮编:      100080
 email:     jywang@xxxxxxx
 Name:       jinyi wang
 Phone:      (86-10) 5881-2325
 Division:   R&D,Computer Network Information Center,
             Chinese Academy of Sciences
 Address:    4,4th South Street, Zhongguancun,
             Haidian District, Beijing, China
 Zip code:   100080
 Email:      jywang@xxxxxxx