From: "Gary W. Smith" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Salim" <salim.si@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 10:03 AM
Subject: RE: PPTP/IPSec multiple clients behind iptables NAT

PPTP requires a patching of the kernel and a recompile of the kernel and
iptables (against the new kernel headers) to make this work.  It also
matters which kernel version you are using.  There have been
miscellaneous problems with different kernels report.  I believe many
have been fixed though.

Gary Smith

MASQUERADE
> rule is set) connecting to the same VPN server. ONly one client can
> connect
> at a time.
> I have enables the CONFIG_IP_NF_PPTP and CONFIG_IP_NF_CT_PROTO_GRE
options
> in kernel.
>
> I have read a few posts about this issue in the list from as early as
in
> 2003. But could not find a conclusion.
>
> Could you guys please clarify? Is this scenario supported by iptables?
If