Re: modprobe -r ip_conntrack_ftp problem

On 9/22/05, Deepak Seshadri <d_s123@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello All,
> Good day!
>
> When I try to restart iptables by "servce iptables restart", the process
> hangs in the "Unloading modules" section.
> ps -ef|grep modprobe shows that it is trying to remove ip_conntrack_ftp
> module.
> The CPU has shot to 100% usage. I am not even able to kill the module.
> Could
> someone, please tell me what is happening here? What is the workaround?
> It does not happen always.
>
> OS: Fedora core 2
> iptables v 1.2.11
> kernel: 2.6.8.1 <http://2.6.8.1>
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
> Thank you,
> Deepak

Funny you mention this today. I rebooted a box last night because
of this same problem. This ended a 287 day uptime.

This was on an old RH 7.2 with:
kernel-2.4.20-28.7
iptables-1.2.8-8.72.3

I never bothered to send an email to the list because I assumed it
was an old 2.4.20 issue.