multipath feature

Hello
       Will someonekindly update me on whether julians's patch is now
a standard feature on the linux kernel release? Is there a decision to
provide the same feature but re-worked in some way  (i.e out-of
the-box dead gateway detection for example) in a future release.

Or do I still need to patch the latest kernel release, and do all the
"stuff" as explained in the iproute2 lartc how-to or nano how-to or
dgd usage doc?

--
Nonchalantly yours
GobbledeGeek