Re: Help creating a RULE

There are many things you have to consider (IPs and routing)... but:

iptables -P FORWARD DROP
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth2 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth2 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -p tcp --dport http -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -p tcp --dport smtp -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -p udp --dport smtp -j ACCEPT

# FTP? I'd rather allow ssh and then you can use sftp... what do you
think, rob0?
# one way or another, if you are masquerading, active plain FTP won't work.

iptables -A FORWARD -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT