Re: question about the order of the rules of iptables

Hi John, Thanks for your reply. Actually I need to
clarify.

In my config, I have an anti-spam process running on
the linux gateway and listening on port 1025. My
intention is to have the linux gateway filter out all
the junks.

I intend to have the linux box first modify the Dest
ip and forwarded it the local anti-spam process for
spam checking. After that, the anti-spam process will
forward the clean mail to the mail server since the ip
address has already been modified.

Will that intention in mind, will my iptables rules
still work ? If not, how should I design my iptables
rules ?

Thanks, Will

Local Mail server ---- e0 linux gateway e1 ----
internet

Local Mail server ip: 10.1.1.100
the anti spam mail proxy running on the linux gateway.

--- "John A. Sullivan III"