Re: block internal to access external proxy server

> Hi,
>

> I just implement a center firewall (iptables) with transparent proxy
> (squid)
> in my company. I block the msn and yahoo chatting program in my iptables
> rules. However, the users still can use external free proxy to use msn and
> yahoo messenger. May I know got any way for me to block the users for
> doing
> this and force all the traffic must go though my proxy?

MSN (and Yahoo ?) also connects via http and (both ?) use multiple IP
addresses.
That's why Squid will proxy for MSN clients and you be able to block it
using Squid. There have been posts on how to do this and you can easily
find them using Google :
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=block+msn+squid&meta=

These may be helpful :
http://nscsysop.hypermart.net/no_chat.html