help developing kernel module for nat

Good morning.
I'm writing a nat module for study purposes in linux kernel.

I do NAT, changing addresses and port in network packets (outgoing and coming back)
Then i recalculate checksum.

i don't mangle payload (not interested in ftp).

Should i do any other adjustment? (TCP window, seq/ack) ?

I think it should be enough, since process should be transparent to hosts behind nat machine, the fact is that in some networks it works fine, in other networks communication fails.

Tried changing mtu and clamp-tcpmss-to-pmtu with no effect.

Thanks-

Giacomo.