INPUT chain doesen´t receive packets

Hi everyone on the list.

I have problems with iptables and iproute2. In my scenario I want to use a host with a dsl connection on eth0 and a lan connection eth1 for policy based routing. I want to route http traffic generated by the host itself over eth0 and the rest over eth1. To solve the problem I implement a second routing table called overdsl and route all http packets over the dsl interface. In the following you see the rules that work (proven with ethereal at the eth0 interface).

iptables -A OUTPUT -t mangle -p tcp --dport http -j MARK --set-mark 0x9

iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -s 80.156.24.98 -p tcp --dport http -j SNAT --to 192.168.0.2

iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -i eth0 -d 192.168.0.2 -p tcp --sport http -j MARK --set-mark 0x9

My problem is that the answering packages from the connected web server aren't delivering to the browser process. I see them in the PREROUTING but not at the INPUT netfilter. What is going wrong? Any advice probably would help me to solve my problem.

Thanks in advaced

Carsten Rachfahl

Rachfahl & Tielke OHG