Re: Question about high perfomance Linux firewall

Michael Bellion wrote:

Hi,

I need to keep connection tracking, so nf-hipac is discarded.

nf-hipac does support connection tracking.

I have been reading their website ( I have NOT tested nf-hipac) and this paragraph made me think that does NOT support connection tracking:

"Despite its usefulness there are still situations where you want to avoid the overhead of connection tracking. Although only a constant amount of time is added to the processing time of each packet (at least in theory) you may need to prevent that in order to achieve maximum packet rates. Those kind of setups require a highly efficient stateless packet filter which is very robust against DoS or DDoS attacks. Again, nf-HiPAC fulfils this requirement to the full extent."

Thank you for your comment, I will try it ASAP

regards
	Michael Bellion