only SNAT packets originating from local?

Hi,

is there a simple way to do SNAT for packets that originate from the
router itself?
I want to set a static IP for a multihomed router that does forwarding, too.

I've tried to set:

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -p tcp --dport 4711 -j SNAT --to-source
1.2.3.4

but that does SNAT on forwardes packets, too..
Do I miss a rule on "-t filter OUTPUT"? maybe mangle with -j MARK and SNAT
packets that have a mark set?

Christian