Re: Sharing Limited Internet Connection

All you have to do on your linux gateway
# enable ip forwarding
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

#iptables nat rule goes as..
#use snat if you have static ip
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j SNAT --to xx.xxx.xxx.xx
# use MASQ if you get dynamic ip
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

On client side make this route/gateway machine as default gateway.

hope this will helps.

regards

Askar
On 9/2/05, Ruprecht Helms <rhelms@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> TestMail wrote:
> > Hello List!
> >
> > My ISP said i can only connect 1 PC in my DSL account (is this
> true????).
> > If it is not true how can i share it using iptables???
>
> Configure your gateway as proxy with nat.
>
> Regards,
> Ruprecht

> Ruprecht Helms IT-Service & Softwareentwicklung
>
> Tel./Fax +49[0]7621 16 99 16
> Web: htp://www.rheyn.de

(Dennis Ritchie)