Re: Sharing Limited Internet Connection

On Friday 2005-September-02 12:17, TestMail wrote:
> My ISP said i can only connect 1 PC in my DSL account (is this
> true????).

Lawyers who have no understanding of networking dictate such terms.
Careful examination might show that they're talking about the physical
connection ... only one DHCP client, one routable IP address.

Or perhaps they really are that stupid. There's no way they can enforce
a restriction like that, because by all appearances you would only have
a single machine connected. (They COULD sniff all your traffic and see
if you're showing evidence of multiple computers in use, but that's not
likely to make money for the company, so in reality don't worry.)

But ... if they caught you, they might use it as a means to extort more
money out of you, so if they are that stupid and your terms don't allow
NAT sharing of your connection, don't talk about it.

> If it is not true how can i share it using iptables???

http://netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//NAT-HOWTO.html
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header