Re: Source NAT

On Wednesday 2005-August-31 06:18, Jimmy wrote:
> I currently have a situation that I am hoping iptables can resolve.
> The issue is that I need to NAT the source address based on the
> destination address. Is that possible with IPTables ?

Trivial.

> if dst = 1.1.1.1 src = 10.1.1.1

iptables -vt nat -A POSTROUTING -d 1.1.1.1 -j SNAT -to 10.1.1.1

> Can anyone give me any advice on completing that?

"man iptables"

Order matters. If you have a catchall SNAT rule before the specific
destination ones, the catchall is the one used.

NAT != routing. If your SNAT'ed IP addresses need to go out different
interfaces, this won't work. See the LARTC HOWTO.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header