Problems with Uplink Bandwidth.

Hi
I am having serious problems with Uplin kbandwidth. P2P softwares and uploading softwares are hogging all the available uload bandwidth. Finally my net connection got extreamly slower. Almost impossible to browse.
So, is there any way to block those porst using iptables. If possible please let me know about this.

Md. Mahbubur Rahman.