RE: Monitoring a TARPIT

I tried that.  We have a rule setup for ports 445 and 135-139. Let's just say that since this last round of viruses here is what tarpit has to say.

-rw-------   1 root   root    489043093 Aug 26 19:49 messages
-rw-------   1 root   root    787713009 Aug 26 04:47 messages.1

Luckily the firewall has 250gb drives.

With that in mind, you might want to rate limit your logging on this.

Gary