Re: layer7 problem

Jörg Harmuth wrote:

Antonio Pérez schrieb:
Hello,
I want to use layer7 in my linux box. I have the 2.6.12.5 kerner version
and the 1.3.3 iptables version. I patched the kernel and the iptables
with kernel-2.6.11-layer7-1.4.patch, linux-2.6.9-imq1.diff,
iptables-1.3.0-imq1.diff and iptables-layer7-1.4.patch.
When i run:
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7proto http -j MARK
--set-mark 3
no error show, but when i do:
iptables -t mangle -L -v
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination 0 0 MARK all -- any any anywhere anywhere LAYER7 l7proto http MARK set 0x3
the packets marked always is 0.

There are several possibilities - in theory. Taken from http.pat:

# this intentionally catches the response from the server
# rather than the request so that other protocols which use
# http (like kazaa) can be caught based on specific http requests
# regardless of the ordering of filters...
# also matches posts

So, if the pattern catches the *server* response, it will be in the 5th
packet of the connection (3 packets handshake, request, response) and
this packet will not pass POSTROUTING. It will pass PREROUTING, as it is
an incoming packet. Thus the best bet is to move your rule accordingly
or simply add it in PREROUTING.

HTH and have a nice time,

Joerg

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for your reply, I also tried PREROUTING and also many different protocols, not only http and the problem remains the same, everything seems to work properly, no errors, but the number of marked packets remains empty.
Any idea will be apreciated, thanks.

Antonio.