Re: building a iptables-firewallcluster

On Monday 2005-August-22 06:50, KOVACS Krisztian wrote:
> On Sunday 21 August 2005 15.37, Marc Schoechlin wrote:
> > No resonse for two weeks - am i right to assume that this
> > project is dead ?
>
>   Almost, but not completely dead.

Did we not just have 2 iptables releases last month? Slow perhaps, but
the rumours of the death of netfilter would appear to be greatly
exaggerated. :)

>   Unfortunately Harald does not seem to have the time necessary to
> work on this project right now, and neither do I. (Apart from this, I
> also don't have the devices necessary to do _any_ testing apart from
> compiling the code...)

I can't suggest anything to help with making more hours in the day,
other than take a lot of westbound jet flights, and always continue
westbound. ;) But I have a couple of ideas for the device shortage:

1. Skip surfing / dumpster diving
   Old "useless" machines are excellent netfilterers.
2. User-mode Linux
   Set up an entire network on one physical machine.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header