From: varun_saa@xxxxxxxx [mailto:varun_saa@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 2:15 AM
To: Derick Anderson
Cc: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RE: ftp issue cont.

Thanks a lot Derick,
                  I learnt a few details.

" -A FORWARD -p tcp -d your.ftp.ip.address --dport 1024: -j ACCEPT "

Did not seem to work.

I have a few more details for you.

WAN -----> eth0 - FC4 server - eth1 -----------> clients ( 192.168.0.0/
24 )
FC4 server is only for sharing internet , mails, etc for clients system.

I do not run any ftp server on ny FC4 server.

My ftp server is on windows 2000 advanced server run by our friend in
US.

>From my FC4 server I am able to connect to " ftp.sriaurobindoashram.com
"
with " passive files transfer " - unchecked in gftp.
Using " passive files transfer " - checked in gftp it connects and stops
at recieving files names.

So I guess Win2k server does not support passive mode. And we need to
concentrate on non-passive mode.

Now on the client systems with " passive files transfer " - unchecked in
gftp.
I get the following error :

Looking up ftp.sriaurobindoashram.com
Trying www.sriaurobindoashram.com:21
Connected to ftp.sriaurobindoashram.com:21 220 ns1 Microsoft FTP Service
(Version 5.0).
USER xxxxxxxx

331 Password required for xxxxxxxx.
PASS xxxx
230 User xxxxxxxx logged in.
SYST

215 Windows_NT version 5.0
TYPE I

200 Type set to I.
PWD

257 "/xxxxxxxxx" is current directory.
192,168,0,253,4,3

500 Invalid PORT Command.
Invalid response '5' received from server.
Disconnecting from site ftp.sriaurobindoashram.com

So what that suggest ?

Varun