Re: pop3 and vpn

Vinod H wrote:
Hi,

I am Vinod, I have Redhat Linux 9 as my firewall and mailserver and I want to open pop3(110) port and We have Cisco VPN installed on our UK office and from here we are trying to connect to the VPN server through

Cisco VPN Client installed on one of the windows 2000 pro client machine, if I connect through some internet dialup I am able to connect

but if I go through our internet gateway that is our firewall I am not able to connect.

I don't know if I want to open some port in the firewall so that my vpn

works fine, following is my iptables

<snip>

I want to know how to open pop3 port for outside access and for the perticular ip and which port should be open for my vpn to work and how to

Some one please help me on this issue it is very urgent

Thanks in advance

Regards

Vinod

I would be willing to bet that you need to allow your firewall to pass ESP and possibly GRE traffic through your FORWARD chain.

Grant. . . .