Re: iptables -F

Shannon,

when you use the iptables command and no specify the table, it assumes that the table is filter, so "iptables -t filter -F" is the same as "iptables -F". That's why you need to specify the table to flush the nat, like flush mangle, etc...

best regards,

x-arnie

Shannon Roddy wrote:
Can someone help me out here?  I figured that iptables -F would flush
all tables including the nat table, but it appears to not flush it.  I
have to explicitly use iptables -t nat -F to fllush the NAT rules.

Thanks,
Shannon