From: curby . [mailto:curby.public@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 8. august 2005 21:02
To: Lotte Mygind (AH/LMD)
Cc: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Export code for Netfilter/iptables

On 8/8/05, Lotte Mygind (AH/LMD) <lotte.mygind@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are going to use Netfilter/iptables in a product. In order to obtain an export code, I need to document whether these components implement any kind of encryption - so my questions are:

I hope that as part of the process of considering ANY third party code
in your products, a code review would be done to explore security
risks as well as possible gotchas with respect to licensing and
government regulations.  Such a review would certainly reveal if
cryptography was employed.  If someone on this list said that there
was or was not crypto code in netfilter, your company would not be
wise to trust them without independent verification anyway.

http://netfilter.org/licensing.html is unrelated but probably important as well.