RE: Help needed for a box with 4 Ethernet Interfaces

OK, let me see if I understand: Boxes A and C have 2 interfaces, Box D
has one, and Box B has 4. What are the other two interfaces doing on A
and C? Each pair of interfaces that connect physically *must* be on the
same subnet, period. You can have two boxes with the same IP in the same
subnet, but there must be a different subnet between them (requiring not
one but two routers) or the routes will *never* work. An example of this
would be a client on a private network connecting to a server on a
private network via the Internet (the (x)'s are routers, like your box
B):

Client [192.168.0.2] > (x) > Internet > (x) > Server [192.168.0.2]

You simply cannot do this:

Client [192.168.0.2] > (x) > Client [192.168.0.2]

whether traffic is allowed through or not. The router can't do it. If
each box is in it's own subnet, then you'll be fine. If you want two
boxes in the same subnet, put them both on a hub or switch. Without
knowing the purpose of this configuration I'm not sure I can help out
much more than that.

Derick Anderson