Re: Rules for localhost, help needed.

Ginter, Jeff A schrieb:
> On occasion, I configure iptables via webmin.  I am having a strange
> problem where when I apply the rules from that GUI that it never comes
> back.  If I close the web browser and restart, I can see everything
> again, but it looks like I get cut off.  Also, I occasionally get some
> redhat GUI issues as well and I think it's because of my rulebase.
> These issues do not happen when I am connected remotely.
>

> I have my ruleset below...am I missing anything for local that anyone
> can see.
> [root@mae-fw ~]# iptables -L

Please provide at least the output of "iptables -nvL", only -L isn't
enough. Or you may send the output of "iptables-save ...".

> Chain INPUT (policy DROP)

> DROP       all  --  192.168.222.0/24     anywhere
>
> DROP       all  --  138.42.156.0/24      anywhere
>
> ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
> RELATED,ESTABLISHED
>
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
> multiport dports ssh,10000 state NEW
>
> DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Although no interfaces are shown, I can't see any rule, that could allow
lo. Seems to me that you are missing rules like these:

iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

Have a nice time,

Joerg