Re: IPset ports question.

Jozsef,

Somehow I'm still blocking all traffic from the iphash entries afrer binding the hash to the port (port 80, for instance). For background purposes, this is how I am blocking traffic with the iphash:

iptables -A testset -m set --set testset src -j LTREJECT
iptables -I FORWARD 2 -i eth1 -j testset
iptables -I INPUT 2 -i eth1 -j testset

This works fine for blocking all traffic. However since I now want specifically to only drop port 22 and port 25 entries (that is most of the nuisance traffic) and allow port 80 for example, I did the following:

ipset -N ports portmap --from 1 --to 1024
ipset -A ports 22
ipset -A ports 25
ipset -B testset :default: -b ports

Now, if I run "ipset -n -L testset", I get the following

Name: testset
Type: iphash
Default binding: ports
Header: hashsize: 1024 probes: 8 resize: 50
Members:
<List of Entries>
Bindings:

In order to test what I have, I added to the hash an address of an external machine (that I can always reach) to see if I could access the web page, but _not_ the ssh port. However, when the address is in the hash, _all_ ports still seem to be blocked-- i.e. no web access OR ssh. Removing the address from the hash fixes this.

In order to see if something was cached and blocking the address I tried removing the iptables entry for testset and re-added it. The result is the same. Is there something in the order of what I am doing that causes the LTREJECT to affect traffic to all ports, and not just the ports that I bound to the iphash?

Thanks,

Rob

.
Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote: